xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: DTD's
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:08:05 GMT
Samuel Kock asked

> > > Well, what I want to do is convert from Java source code to XML, I
> > > already wrote a program that does that, but it uses XML tags
> > > that I made
> > You mean store actual source code in XML?  Why?
> WEll, not really to store code, just so that people can look at .java
> files, etc. with the proper syntax highlighting, etc. in a web
> browser... It is a part of my Msc degree which I am doing...

You want jdox:

http://www.componentregistry.com/jdox/entrypage.jsp

"Welcome to JDox, an easily formatted, fully searchable XML version of
Sun Microsystems's Javadoc program results.

The DTD that defines the XML formatting of JDox closely follows Sun's
Javadoc specification, and utilizes Sun's Doclet technology in creating
the XML files. We have also expanded on the Javadoc standard by
providing space for code examples. Planned extensions to JDox will
further enhance the comprehensive nature of this powerful documentation
tool. "

Tom Passin