xml-general mailing list archives

From d.@netnord.dk (Dennis Thrysoe - Netnord A/S)
Subject RE: URGENT! Parsing XML documents over 300KB - possible?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:28:50 GMT
If you are using Xalan (which is not the parser, but rather a transformator)
there might be a problem with large files, as they are read into a DOM
(somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...).

Reading an XML document into a DOM will generally multiply it's size by
about 15. (300 kb file ~ 4500 kb memory usage).

I am in essence also looking for a way to use Xalan to transform infinetely
large documents, but have had no success on this issue.

Any help appreciated.

-dennis