xml-general mailing list archives

From "Dane Foster" <dfos...@equitytg.com>
Subject Advice
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:15:01 GMT
I've been writing apps/services that use XML for about 4.5 months now.  I started out using
Crimson from Sun's JAXP implementation but later switched to Xerces.  I'm now at the point
where XML transformation is a requirement (XSL/XSLT).  I would like to know if Xalan J2 is
the path I should take or Xalan J1.  The code I'm writing will be deployed in a production
environment so stability is an import consideration, but I'm also trying to be as forward
looking as possible, and I know further Xalan J1 development has stopped.  Any convincing
arguments for one path over the other would be greatly appreciated.  Finally, if I could get
some unbiased (this is after all, an apache list) assessment of SAXON compared to Xalan from
people who have actually used SAXON and Xalan J1 or J2.  Thank you for your time.

Dane Foster