xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jornei A Vigo" <jor...@tecpar.br>
Subject RE: schema loader
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:09:02 GMT
Thanks Eric.

	My 1st choice was schema, but I can use also DTD. Can you point me to
some point where I can find more information about the "compiled" grammar
access
feature that you said?

TIA

Jornei

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Ye [mailto:ericye@locus.apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 9:14 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: schema loader

What you are asking is very much like the "compiled" grammar access feature,
there used to be some implementation to provide this for DTD, but as for the
Schema, I don't think
there is a sophiscticated implementation for this, although Xerces-J does
allow you to extract limited information from a compiled schema grammar, but
APIs are non-standard,  to use them requires knowledge of internal grammar
representation.

The standard api for this might be included in DOM Level 3 spec, here is a
very early stage draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Content-Models-and-Load-Save/content-models
.html

Best regards