xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Final proposed Agenda Xerces-J Workshop 20001016
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:21:54 GMT

Final agenda. Note that we moved the start/end time
by an hour to accomodate the folks from down south
on the peninsula. But I'll try to have the room available
from early on - so that anyone who wants to work/connect
can get something done on east coast hours.

Workshop on Xerces-j hosted by the ASF/XML project
	16th of October, 10.30 am to 18.30pm

Subject:
	Xerces-j Projects

Invitations to:
	xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
	general@xml.apache.org
	members@apache.org
	pmc@xml.apache.org

Host:
	The ASF/XML project

Location:
	Large meeting room Covalent Technologies
	Available from 8.30

	706 Mission street 2nd Floor
	Corner 3rd and Mission - near SF MOMA

	+1-415-536-5200
	http://www.covalent.net/company/conact
		for a map

	DDS/803.11 wireless and wired connectivity
	available.

	Contact: Lilly O'Brien <lobrien@covalent.net>
		1-415-536-5200

Dial-in:
	Available to those who requested it. We will dial
	the number you gave (and reconnect you when it
	connection gets accidentally dropped).

Proposed Agenda:

1.	Opening and introduction

	Confirming the proposed agenda(s).

2.	Guidelines for the rest of the meeting
	-> are we sitting here as effectively the Apache
	   community insofar as XML parsers is concerned
	OR
	-> is this more an ASF hosted workshop with company
	   representatives present as well as some representatives
	   of the apache community.

3.	Beyond Xerces and Crimson - what consensus is there ?
	What are we aiming for. Products, Carrier grade code,
	reference code.. and can it be done in one product ?

4.	Set boundaries to anything we can reach consensus on
	in terms of priorities and aims for the time to come,
	including, but not limited to: performance, footprint,
	modularity, readability,

5.	Conclude if we need to do such things as to do more
	Requirments studies, more analysis, proof of principle
	implementations, of what is there enough, and what do
	we need to fix. How do we

6.	Community aspect - do we want to continue, how do
	we make sure all voices are heard, how do we make it
	more of an ASF project ?

7.	Agree on Actions, Rules and procedures from here on,
	commitments, staffing, timelines

8.	Closing

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Dw
- - --
Dirk-Willem van Gulik
Vice President Apache Software Foundation / XML Project.