xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Agenda Xerces-J Workshop 20001016
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 05:31:21 GMT

Workshop on Xerces-j hosted by the ASF/XML project
	16th of October, 9.30 am to 17.30pm

Subject:
	Xerces-j Projects

Invitations to:
	xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
	general@xml.apache.org
	members@apache.org
	pmc@xml.apache.org

Host:
	The ASF/XML project

Location:
	Large meeting room Covalent Technologies

	706 Mission street 2nd Floor
	Corner 3rd and Mission - near SF MOMA

	+1-415-536-5200
	http://www.covalent.net/company/conact
		for a map

RSVP, Friday 1500 / 20001013
	Not required - but appreciated for lunch head
	count, ethernet jack count. Also state your
	expected arrival time. DDS/803.11 wireless
	and wired connectivity available.

	ASF reserves the right to move the start time
	to 10.30 or even as late as 11.00 to give all the
	chance to be present. To be confirmed in the next
	24 hours.

	Contact: dirkx@apache.org
		or -on-site-
		Lilly O'Brien <lobrien@covalent.net>
		1-415-536-5200

Dial-in:
	Available on request - RSVP by 12 PDT 20001013

Agenda:
	cut off for agenda items 12 PDT 20001015 to be
	send to dirkx@apache.org and/or pmc@xml.apache.org

Proposed Agenda:

1.	Opening and introduction

	Confirming the proposed agenda(s).

2.	Guidelines for the rest of the meeting
	-> are we sitting here as effectively the Apache
	   community insofar as XML parsers is concerned
	OR
	-> is this more an ASF hosted workshop with company
	   representatives present as well as some representatives
	   of the apache community.

3.	Beyond Xerces and Crimson - what consensus is there ?
	What are we aiming for. Products, Carrier grade code,
	reference code.. and can it be done in one product ?

4.	Set boundaries to anything we can reach consensus on
	in terms of priorities and aims for the time to come,
	including, but not limited to: performance, footprint,
	modularity, readability,

5.	Conclude if we need to do such things as to do more
	Requirments studies, more analysis, proof of principle
	implementations, of what is there enough, and what do
	we need to fix. How do we

6.	Community aspect - do we want to continue, how do
	we make sure all voices are heard, how do we make it
	more of an ASF project ?

7.	Agree on Actions, Rules and procedures from here on,
	commitments, staffing, timelines

8.	Closing

RSVP to:
	Dirk-Willem van Gulik, VP asf/xml.
	dirkx@apache.org

Looking forward to seeing you all, Sorry for the rush !

Dw
- --
Dirk-Willem van Gulik
Vice President Apache Software Foundation / XML Project.