xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: Yet another question about creating a Document
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 01:18:11 GMT
>Really?  So Xalan has to use Xerces?  We can't tie ourselves to one DOM
>parser like that.  That's why we've been trying to use the DOM API, so we
>can swap parsers at any time.

No no no... I didn't say that.

I suggest moving this to the Xalan list if you want to follow up.
Scott Boag can answer better than I.
See http://xml.apache.org/xalan/dtm.html and
http://xml.apache.org/xalan/usagepatterns.html#dom-in.  In general, Xalan
doesn't use a DOM at all unless specifically asked to.  This is for
performance reasons.  If you want to use another (non-Xerces) parser, I
think you need to write a Liaison class to it.  They're pretty small.

-Ed