xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Rodriguez" <jeffreyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: xml path problem
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 22:20:54 GMT
Hi Venkat,
from the FAQ:

"I used to be able to use DOS filenames with the parser and now they don't
work. Why not?

  DOS filenames are not legal URIs as required by the XML 1.0 specification.
Therefore, it was an error for the parser to accept DOS filenames. This bug
is now fixed.

DOS filenames can be converted to legal URIs, however. For example, the DOS
filename "c:\xerces\data\personal.xml" would become
"file:///c:/xerces/data/personal.xml", which is a legal URI."

Hope this information helps,

                  Jeffrey Rodriguez
                  XML Development
                  IBM Cupertino