xml-general mailing list archives

From Omer Kose <Om...@skila.com>
Subject RE: Using PHP within XML
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:35:36 GMT
Richard:

Have you tried XSQL from Oracle (It works with other databases too).
You need a servlet engine to achieve this. Because XSQL is implemented
as a servlet.

Thanks
Omer

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Korthuis [mailto:R.Korthuis@telecats.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 9:35 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Cc: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org; cocoon-users@xml.apache.org;
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org; xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Using PHP within XML

Hello,

I'm not sure to which list I have to send this question, so if this is the
wrong one I'm sorry about that.
I want to access an MS Access database from within a XML document. I know it
is possible to translate a database into a XML document. There are several
programs to do this, but this is not what I want. I want to access the
database "on-the-fly". So I want to access the data from the database, when
the XMLdocument is called upon.
In HTML I know this is possible by using PHP, my question is: Can I use PHP
within XML? Or does someone know some other way to do this?

Richard Korthuis