xml-general mailing list archives

From Daragh Farrell <Daragh.Farr...@thomson.com.au>
Subject RE: Xml writer
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:56:46 GMT
I am using the serializer and I have not encountered this problem. Are
calling document.normalize() before you try to serialize?

Cheers

Daragh

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkat Ramana Karpuram [mailto:vramana@gst.fnc.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Thursday, 12 October 2000 9:37
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xml writer

Hi!
    As suggested by Dane, i am using serialize API to write a DOM document
as
an xml file. I have been using the format as "UTF8" and indent as "true" in
OutputFormat. The way it is printing is ok except that the new tags are not
starting on the new line. I mean a child node tag starts at the end of its
parent tag, but not on the new line. If anyone of you know a way to print
the
xml in a way that every new tag starts on new line. Please let me know if
there
is a way. Thanks for taking time
Thanks & Regards
Venkat Ramana

Dane Foster wrote:

> Use the XML serializer.  It's located in org.apache.xml.serialize.  You
> should review the java docs to get a feel for how to use it.

The
> way
> > parser generates a DOM tree from xml file, i am expecting that there
> should be
> > some way to generate an xml file from a DOM tree. I could not find any
API