xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sean Kelly" <ke...@ad1440.net>
Subject Re: Question about document type nodes and JAXP
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:53:07 GMT
> They are but not at the IDL level. It has to be done at the language
> binding level. BTW we've been told it's a known pb with IDL!...

Ah, so the DOM is specified in IDL, as in OMG's IDL?  I
didn't know that.

> > > I wish JAXP addressed this problem but it doesn't either. :-(
> >
> > Thanks a lot, W3C! :-(
>
> W3C isn't the one to blame for JAXP. Sun along with
> the JCP participants are.

What I meant was, "W3C strikes again," hitting JAXP with
the same problem as Xerces.

If I had the ear of some committee members, I'd try to
convince them to stop using IDL to specify DOM and use
UML instead.  (The lack of a standard mapping from UML
to various implementation languages would then be the
next problem, though.  Hmm.)

Take care.
--Sean