xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Problem with the xalan-c parser
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:55:53 GMT

If Xalan only outputs the stylesheet, check to make sure that the namespace
declaration on your stylesheet _exactly_ matches the XSLT namespace:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version
="1.0">

Dave

                    Britta Schüle

                    <britta.schuel        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    e@ixos.de>            cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     Problem with the xalan-c parser

                    09/15/2000

                    12:26 PM

                    Please respond

                    to general

Hi folks!

Hope you can help a newbie - managed to rebuild and finally use the =
xalan-c
parser without any exceptions after a long day's work ; ) but now, =
though I
basically just use the code listed on the web page under "Basic Usage
Patterns" with two valid xml, resp. xsl files, it just reproduces one =
of the
files as output, but doesn't perform any parsing operation I can see. =
What
on earth could be wrong? Anyone ever had similar problems or knows how =
get round this?
And while I'm at it, anyone know whether this parser is o.k. for =
Solaris or
where I can get a version that is?

All the best & good weekend,
Britta

Britta Schüle
MSc Software Engineering
IEBU development archive.com
IXOS Software AG
tel: 089-4629 1889
fax: 089-4629 33 1889
mail: britta.schuele@ixos.de

"Roots are a conservative myth, designed to keep us in our places"
S. Rushdie