xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Xalan-C problems
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:19:06 GMT

If you're having trouble parsing XML, then this is a Xerces issue, not a
Xalan issue.  You might want to post a note on the Xerces-C mailing list,
but I imagine your issues are related to error handling in the parser.

Xalan-C _will_ throw an exception if there is an error parsing the input
XML provided.  If you're interested in how that works, you should look at
the Xalan-C source code.

Dave

                    Britta Schüle

                    <britta.schuel        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    e@ixos.de>            cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     Xalan-C problems

                    09/20/2000

                    11:11 AM

                    Please respond

                    to general

I'm trying to write a doctool that uses the Xalan-C parser. From working
with the Java version, I'd expect the parser to throw an exception when
encountering a faulty file and then, if there are other jobs waiting,
attempt to parse the next one. Now the problem is that this doctool must
keep on working even if it encounters a faulty xml or xsl, but the C parser
ends itself without throwing any exception that can be caught and thus
without notification to the doctool, which, of course, then stops as well.
I'm trying to catch all parser exceptions with a catch(...) statement, but
it never receives an exception - at least it doesn't get to the cout inside
the statement. The concrete error now was a wrong xsl that was missing a
close tag.
Does anyone know about this and knows of a workaround? I've attempted to
modify the source code of the parser, but I can't find the place where it
stops.
Thanks in advance,
Britta