xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 01:05:17 GMT
You need to include the .jar files in your classpath, not just the
surrounding directory.  This is true for any .jar file.

-Ed Staub

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Halchin [mailto:bhalchin@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 4:50 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Cc: bhalchin@hotmail.com
Subject: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes

Hello,

    I am trying to use the Java SAX classes which reside in the
.jar files. I set my CLASS_PATH env var on Red Hat Linux to
point at the xerces directory. I am running the blackdown 117_v3
javac.

1) Is it necesary to "unjar" the .jar files in order for javac to
      see the SAX classes?

2) I tried running "jar -x xerces.jar" but the jar utility seems to
     be waiting for more from stdin?

Thanks,

Bill Halchin

http://profiles.msn.com.