xml-general mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Romanovski" <Dmitri.Romanov...@wisoftware.de>
Subject AW: Associating several stylesheets with one XML document
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:34:52 GMT
Hi,

I#ve tried out the method described in Cocoon documentation and it works.
Just put different PIs in your XML document corresponding to different
browsers or even contexts. Your should define this configurations in your
Cocoon installation ( where the browsers are configured ) and then put the
symbolic name in PI's media-parameter
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="1.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>  -- for default handling
<?xml-stylesheet href="2.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="myconf"?>  -- for
"myconf" only

Try it,

Dmitri.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Korthuis [mailto:R.Korthuis@telecats.nl]
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. September 2000 16:37
An: jjc@jclark.com
Cc: tbray@textuality.com; ndw@nwalsh.com; stefano@apache.org;
jeanpa@microsoft.com; cmsmcq@uic.edu; peter@xml.com;
general@xml.apache.org; twl@apache.org
Betreff: Associating several stylesheets with one XML document

Hello,

I have a question: I would like to access a XML document using different
stylesheets (XSL). For example one time I would like to use one.xsl but some
other time I would like to use two.xsl on the same XML document. Is this
possible? If so, how can I tell the server/XMLdocument which XSL it should
use?
I am using:
	Apache Web server 1.3.12
	Cocoon 1.8
I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Korthuis
TeleCats BV
The Netherlands