xml-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Halchin" <bhalc...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 04:03:34 GMT
Thanks Ed (and everybody else!),

   Ok ...

    1) As I think I said before, I am running Red Hat 6.2.

    2) I am using the bash shell.

    3) In my .bashrc file, I have:

           CLASSPATH=$HOME/FTP/xerces-1_1_3/xerces.jar
           export CLASSPATH

    4) I am running jdk117_v3 from blackdown.org

I am trying to compile an instance of the SAX Reader.

import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;

import org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser;

public class SAXParserDemo { ...

This is from the book (pg 50) "Java and XML" by Brett McLaughlin
published by O'Reilly. The problem I encountering is that the
compiler cannot "find" the imported classes/interfaces. Previously,
I had mispelled the env var as CLASS_PATH. Now it is correct, i.e.
CLASSPATH. I source'd the .bashrc file and did an "echo $CLASSPATH",
just to be sure everything was should be but .... the compiler (as a said
above) cannot "see" the imported classes. Sigh....

Thanks,

Bill halchin