xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Rodriguez" <jeffreyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 01:09:47 GMT

>    I am trying to use the Java SAX classes which reside in the
>.jar files. I set my CLASS_PATH env var on Red Hat Linux to
>point at the xerces directory. I am running the blackdown 117_v3
>javac.
>
>1) Is it necesary to "unjar" the .jar files in order for javac to
>      see the SAX classes?

No!

>2) I tried running "jar -x xerces.jar" but the jar utility seems to
>     be waiting for more from stdin?
>
>Thanks,

I don't understand what you are trying to do!

If you want to run an XML application all you need to do is something like
this.

java -clasppath $CLASSPATH:/home/foo/xerces.jar:/home/foo/xercesSamples.jar
sax.SAXCount myfile.xml

Nothing different than running any other Java application.

Hope this helps,

                Jeffrey Rodriguez
                IBM Silicon Valley
                XML Development