xml-general mailing list archives

From Rod McChesney <r...@expressaction.com>
Subject Re: Newbie : Creating XML docs via an application (ie. non-manual)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:26:51 GMT
I'm using Castor for mapping to/from our own DTDs. It works great.
Besides XML mapping it includes database and LDAP mappings, which were
not of interest to me, but I could ignore them. The mapping file
syntax format is quite straightforward.

You handle parent-child relationships by exposing a Vector attribute in
the parent, to which child objects get added. That is a little strange
(I'd prefer an addFoo method to be called) but it works OK.

The error messages it generates are usually good. In one case in which
a message was not enough to diagnose an error, I was able to go
through source and find the problem pretty easily.

So, I'm definitely a fan...

Rod McChesney