xml-general mailing list archives

From Krassimir Dimov <krass...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting Tomcat to use Cocoon for *.xml requests
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:19:17 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to set up Tomcat to use Cocoon for .xml
handling. I built cocoon, set up the classpath for
Tomcat to reference cocoon.jar, xalan.jar, xerces.jar
& fop.jar files. The only problem I'm having is the
cocoon.properties file - for initialization of cocoon.
Tomcat can not find it. I coppied the
cocoon.properties file in the C:\tomcat\conf
directory, and editted the web.xml file, located in
the same directory with the following entry:

<!-- Cocoon Settings -->
    <servlet>
	<servlet-name>
	    org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>
	    org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	</servlet-class>
	<init-param>
	    <param-name>
	    	properties
	    </param-name>
	    <param-value>
		..\conf\cocoon.properties
	    </param-value>
	</init-param>
    </servlet>
<!-- End of Servlet Cocoon settings -->
    <servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>
	    org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>
	    *.xml
	</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

This is what I am getting when I try to run Cocoon.xml
(http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml)
I know that my problem is in referencing the
cocoon.properties file.

Unable to open resource: ..\conf\cocoon.properties
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:123)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions? Your help will be appreciated.

Krassimir