xml-general mailing list archives

From "Travers Waker" <trave...@innoforge.co.za>
Subject processContents attribute of <any> element in Schema.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:41:25 GMT
Hi.

I am validating some elements of an XML document using a schema, but need to
leave other elements (and their sub-elements) unvalidated (becasue I don't
know in advance what elements these are going to be).  The way the W3C
Schema Primer says you do this in a schema is like this:

<element name="tagName">
  <complexType>
    <any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="skip"/>
  </complexType>
</element>

Now the element tagName should be able to contain any other (well-formed)
XML elements, and each of these should be able to contain sub-elements,
etc...  (without the parser complaining about undefined symbols while
validating against the schema.)

Unfotunately, Xerces-J throws the following exception:

  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Schema error: Only value of strict
supported for processContents attribute.

Can anyone help me achieve what I am trying to do with Xerces, given this
limitation of Xerces?
Thank you very much for any help.

Travers