xml-general mailing list archives

From "Travers Waker" <trave...@innoforge.co.za>
Subject Is Xerces 1.2.0 for java actually using schemas to validate?
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:42:27 GMT
I recently downloaded Xerces 1.2.0 for java and ran the sample program
"DOMCount" on the sample data personal-schema.xml.  This works fine, and I
assumed it was validating the peronal-schema.xml using personal.xsd.
However, when I edit the schema (personl.xsd) and change something like the
minimum number of occurrances of the <person> element to a value that should
cause  personal-schema.xml to fail validation (for example, setting it to
200, since there are only 6 <person> elements in personal-schema.xml),
DOMCount just continues operating as normal.  It seems that the schema is
not being used for validation.

Can anybody point out where I am going wrong?  Any help is much appreciated.

Travers Waker