xml-general mailing list archives

From "Gaurav Vaish" <gva...@iitk.ac.in>
Subject Re: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 01:33:04 GMT
Try one more thing. To make sure that the jar file has that class, just
decompress it in another directory. (Simply unzip it, may be u need to
change the extension from .jar to .zip).

Gaurav Vaish
( IIIrd Yr, EE )

Never Say Die - Not a just spirit but a feeling

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Halchin" <bhalchin@hotmail.com>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Cc: <brett.mclaughlin@lutris.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: Trying to use Xerces Java SAX classes

>Bill Halchin wrote:
> >
> > Brett and others,
> >
> > >Hi Bill. Let's see if we can help you out. Here's what we need:
> > >
> > >1) The exact, copied/pasted error, such as:
> > >
> > >SAXParserDemo.java:37: Class org.xml.sax.Attributes not found in
> > >import org.xml.sax.Attributes;
> >
> >   SAXParserDemo.java:2: Class org.xml.sax.XMLReader not found in import
> >   import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;
> >          ^
> >
> >   SAXParserDemo.java:4: Class org.apache.xerces.parser.SAXParser not
> > in import.
> >   import org.apache.xerces.parser.SAXParser;
>xerces.jar is deinitely not showing up in your classpath.
>Try javac -classpath /path/to/xerces.jar SAXParserDemo.java
>and see if that works. For whatever reason, it's for sure a xerces.jar

    I tried "javac classpath ..." as you suggested. The old problems
   went away to be replaced by a new one:

SAXParserDemo.java:8: Superclass java.lang.Object of class
SAXParserDemo not found.

After this I took a compilable/runnable Hello.java and inserted
the two imports and got the superclass Object error as above.