I have an application where the DTD is distributed. Most of it is in
a separate file but there is some in the DOCTYPE declaration of
the XML file. My problem is in writing out a modified version of the
XML file. I use the OutputFormat.setDoctype() method and this
does give me the DOCTYPE declaration with the correct SYSTEM
value. However, I can't figure out how to get the rest of the DTD, the
part that was in the DOCTYPE declaration in the input XML file,
into the output file.

I'm using xerces 1.1.3 and DOM. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA.

Steve Buroff