xml-general mailing list archives

From "G. Angus McCollum" <an...@see-saw.net>
Subject Using JavaScript with Xalan
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:31:57 GMT
I did a search of the mailing list archives, and other sources about a
problem I am having using JavaScript to make an extension function.

After failing in my own efforts and seeing the following post about the same
problem I tried to run Xalan on one of the JavaScript extension samples.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:xml-archive.webweaving.org/xml-archive-
xalan/1458.html+Xalan+javascript&hl=en

I tried to process the 1basicJscript.xml  using the 1.2.D01 of Xalan, and
Rhino 1.5. I have also used Rhino 1.4R3 as suggested in the above post. I
get the following output and error:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 1basicJscript.xml -xsl
1basicJscript.xsl -out out.xml
========= Parsing
file:/home/angus/tmp/xalan_1_2_D01/samples/Extensions/1basicJscript.xsl
==========
Parse of
file:/home/angus/tmp/xalan_1_2_D01/samples/Extensions/1basicJscript.xsl took
2409 milliseconds
========= Parsing
file:/home/angus/tmp/xalan_1_2_D01/samples/Extensions/1basicJscript.xml
==========
Parse of
file:/home/angus/tmp/xalan_1_2_D01/samples/Extensions/1basicJscript.xml took
323 milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
Call to extension element failed: unable to load language: javascript
Call to extension function failed: unable to load language: javascript
transform took 2597 milliseconds
XSLProcessor: done

Has anyone had success with JavaScript or has seen similar errors? Are there
any subtleties that I may have missed? Has anyone, testing Xalan, ever
encountered errors processing this sample.

Thank you in advance for any help.

- Angus