xml-general mailing list archives

From Anthony Dodd <AnthonyD...@synergy-fs.com>
Subject RE: String to Document using Xerces 1.0.3
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:52:41 GMT
Hi Matt

   Is the following code fragment of any help

  org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser parser = new
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser();

  public Document parseXML(String xmlString) throws Exception {
    //Create a new Reader Object
    java.io.StringReader xmlReader = new java.io.StringReader(xmlString);
    //Create a new InputSource from the reader object and parse it
    parser.parse(new InputSource(xmlReader));
    return parser.getDocument();
  }

Regards
Tony Dodd

-----Original Message-----
From: MMcBride@therealm.com [mailto:MMcBride@therealm.com]
Sent: 23 August 2000 16:36
To: XML-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM; general@xml.apache.org
Subject: String to Document using Xerces 1.0.3

I am attempting to read a string (myXML) containing XML into a document
without storing it in a file.  Ultimately, I will need to parse the
document with the DOMParser from Xerces 1.0.3.

Here is a fragment of what I have so far:

DOMParser myParser = new DOMParser();
myParser.parse(???myXML???);
document = myParser.getDocument();

Now, the DOMParser parse method only takes an InputSource parameter.  I
think my question is "how can I take the string into an InputSource
parameter?"  However, if there is another way of doing this, please feel
free to pass it along!  Thanks for the help...

Regards.

Matt