xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: including
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:36:13 GMT
ok wrote:

> great! that works, thanks.
>
> Here are 2 additional questions.
>
> 1. <!ENTITY part1 SYSTEM "part1.xml">
>
>    Lets say part1.xml is located relative to the main XML file "including" it.
>
>    For instance, I have a servlet which parses /home/root.xml
>     root.xml "includes" /home/root/dir1/part1.xml
>    I have noticed that the parser wants a full path to it.

The piece of code in the parser that handles this had a few bugs. I
checked in a couple of days ago a new version which fixes them. You
should try with the latest version from CVS.
You should be able to use relative paths anywhere you want. Just keep in
mind that they have to be relative to where the entity is defined. Not
where it is used.

> 2. I noticed the parser does not like recusive entity references.

Indeed, it doesn't. What else would you expect?