xml-general mailing list archives

From "Hollenbeck, Scott" <sholl...@netsol.com>
Subject xml:lang Attribute
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:25:06 GMT
Sorry if this is a FAQ or something; the archives appear to be inaccessible
at the moment.

I seem to be unable to get Xerces Java to recognize a declaration for the
xml:lang attribute.  Am I doing something wrong, or have I hit a known
issue?  Here's the relevant sections of my schema:

        xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml"
        xmlns:epp="http://www.NSIRegistry.net/FOO"
        targetNamespace="http://www.NSIRegistry.net/FOO"
        elementFormDefault="qualified">

  <element name="response-text" type="epp:clientTextType" maxLength="80"/>
  <complexType name="clientTextType" content="textOnly">
    <attribute name="xml:lang" type="string" default="en-US"/>
  </complexType>

</schema>

here's the element from the XML instance:

<response-text xml:lang="en-US" >This is text</response-text>

and here's the error I get:

[Error] example.xml:15:54: Attribute "xml:lang" must be declared for element
type "response-text".

What have I done wrong?

Scott Hollenbeck
Network Solutions, Inc. Registry