xml-general mailing list archives

From "Joe Sabu" <Joe.S...@dothill.com>
Subject Re: XMLSerializer
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:08:39 GMT
Hello,
    I found org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentTypeImpl.setInternalSubset, which
might do the trick. But it is tagged as  NON-DOM. Now, what is the future of
a NON-DOM implementation like that? Will it disappear in the future
releases? Is there anything standard that I can do to get this
accomplished?I would think it is a very common requirement for any
application that uses XML as a inter-process data transfer mechanism to be
able to introduce internal DTD subset into the XML data stream. Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe Sabu
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Sabu" <Joe.Sabu@dothill.com>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 10:23 AM
Subject: XMLSerializer

Hello,

    How do I include a internal DTD subset in the XML stream I generate
using XMLSerializer? I'm attempting to generate a DOM tree in memory, from
scratch,  and then send it over to another process as an XML stream. I would
like the receiver to do validation on the  stream, but does not want every
receiver to have a copy of the DTD file; hence I prefer to include the
grammar in the XML stream itself.

    Preferably, the server can accept a DTD file ame, and should be able to
dump its contents as the internal DTD into the serialized stream. Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe Sabu