xml-general mailing list archives

From "Steve Buroff" <...@lucent.com>
Subject reproducing internal DTD in XML output
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:44:30 GMT
I'm using xerces 1.1.3. I have an XML file with an internal DTD (as well as an
external one). I parse it using DOM. I want to write out the DOM tree to an
XML file and get back what I started with. I'm using an OutputFormat and a
Serializer. On the OutputFormat, I call setDoctype() and setOmitXMLDeclaration(false);
The DOCTYPE declaration appears in the output with the correct root node name and
the correct SYSTEM value. However, the internal DTD isn't there. Is there a way to
get the internal DTD too? TIA.

Steve Buroff