xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: including
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:26:28 GMT
Aside from recursive references, remember that using an entity this way
simply inserts the replacement text defined for the entity.  You aren't
allowed to have another DOCTYPE declaration in the body of an xml
document, so your example wouldn't work right even if the entites in the
included fragment were declared with different names.

If you have to include parts of another complete XML document (with an
included DOCTYPE declaration), you can use the method I mentioned
earlier using xslt.

Tom Passin

"ok" <187@novagate.com> wrote -