xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: including
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:41:45 GMT
There are several approaches that aren't too hard,  just using xml
itself.

1) Declare an entity for each subdocument in the DTD for the main one.
Then insert those entities into the main document at the right
locations.  The parser will bring in the subdocuments.

2) Write an xsl stylesheet that uses the document() function to bring in
the subdocuments.  The stylesheet can take care of inserting them in the
right places.  If you do it this way, you can write a configuration xml
file that the stylesheet can use to know which subdocuments to use.

Tom Passin

----- Original Message -----
From: "ok" <187@novagate.com>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 5:29 PM
Subject: including

I have a large XML document that I want to split up into separate
smaller files
then just have one main file which essentially "includes" all the others
ones.
Just like server sides includes on a webserver.

Such that the parser will properly read the one XML file and in-turn get
all
the included ones as well.

Is this possible?