xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Nighly builds
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 05:59:09 GMT
Mike Pogue wrote:

> I'd like to see a solution that works for our C++ projects, too.
> I don't think we want to require Java for those!

While I would like to see that too, it is a matter of trying not to bite off
more than one can chew.  I also believe that the classpath issues associated
with Java are unique and need a special focus.

At the moment, there is a demonstrable problem with the Java projects in
that it seems rare that you can pick two Java projects and have them work
together out of the box.  Typically, there is a mismatch in some dependency
or another.  This problem is exacerbated by each project shipping their
dependencies.

P.S.  One of the most common complains it some method missing in
org.w3c.node, and no class in the classpath (based solely on its name) is
obviously associated with w3c...