Thanks, Eric & Duncan.

Ted Leung volunteered to work on this with me, and he's a committer.
But he's going on vacation, so giving me rights probably makes sense, at least for the time being.

I'm collating together a (hopefully) better list, with quotes and hrefs back to the mail archive.

Here's an excerpt, for review of structure.  We should have something real checked in tomorrow.

Schema

Proposed requirements are organized into categories.  Some requirements may occur in more than one category in the future.

Each requirement has a number. The numbers are not in any useful order, but will remain stable for reference.  Underneath the number is a "hardness" and "status".

Possible "hardness" values are:
hard - Xerces 2 must and shall meet this requirement
soft - Xerces 2 should meet this requirement, but it may be dropped because of conflicting requirements or time pressures

Possible "status" values are:
approved - there appears to be a clear consensus
tooQuiet - there may be a consensus, but there hasn't been enough input to be sure
hardnessConflict - there is conflict over whether this is a hard or soft requirement
vetoConflict
- there is a conflict over whether this proposed requirement is a requirement at all
rejected - the proposed requirement appears to be dead
unevaluated - editor hasn't finished reviewing input

An example entry:

1.
  hard
  rejected

The parser shall be faster than the speed of light.

"Parser output must occur before parser input..."  [spinnaker] Announce James Duncan Davidson (Sat Jul 08 2000 - 07:31:16 MEST)

  • "Transluminal parsing speeds could cause a rip in the space-time continuum..."  Re: [spinnaker] Announce Stefano Mazzocchi (Sun Jul 09 2000 - 17:36:18 MEST)

  • -Ed