xml-general mailing list archives

From Octav Chipara <ochip...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:41:29 GMT

HI!

> on 7/11/00 3:53 PM, Arnaud Le Hors at lehors@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > I actually simply don't understand the requirement about JDOM. DOM is an
> > API, we need to provide classes that implement the API. This is true for
> > JDOM. It's not an API. It's a set of classes that include a builder that
> > works on SAX. So as long as we support SAX, which definitely is a
> > requirement, we're all set on that front. Let's leave the debate of
> > whether JDOM is a good thing or not outside of this project.
>
> I Disagree. JDOM is an important up and coming API that already has
> established a large and rapidly growing groundswell of support and in the
> developer community.
>
> You personally don't have to do the work to provide JDOM support -- as long
> as the core architecture is pluggable and modular, then you can work on DOM
> and Brett and co can work on JDOM and everybody wins.
>
> Wouldn't this be sign of a development community getting along. :)
>
> .duncan

OK ... It is true that some of use want JDOM, but I would propose to try
to built a new tree structure. IMHO, neither JDOM nor DOM would are the
best possible solutions. I would like something that would have small
footprint and that would be easily mapped on structures that could be
defined in some programming language!

What do you think?

Octav