xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:21:13 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see XPath and XInclude support built in to Xerces as
> > modules.
>
> +1 for XInclude and XBase (they do together), as well as a way to
> extract XLink information from the file, if found.
>
> -1 for XPath, it should belong to Xalan2

but if one is doing an xinclude on a subset of a document with an
xpath-based xpointer, wouldn't it make more sense for the parser to ignore
the parts of the document that fall outside of the bounds of the
xpath? stupid example - given an xpath expression:

/root/*[1]

the parser could stop parsing after reading the first element child of the
root element.

- donald