xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:08:26 GMT

James Duncan Davidson <james.davidson@eng.sun.com> wrote:
> And the initial mail that kicked this off *did* have a set of
*constructive*
> goals. Valid goals. Goals that are worthwhile that I'd like to see in a
> parser. On a re-read of this I think that it's very unfair that you paint
me
> coming across as a total can-kicker-over without making any concessions
that
> most of the message *was* a listing of goals and a proposed way of
getting
> there.

The orginal announcement was the announcement of a new project.  I make the
concession, and thought I did so in my note, that you have submitted a list
of goals and plan of record.  So let's cut the squabbling and move on to
the details of these goals and the plan.  My point was concerning evolution
vs. revolution.  Good people can disagree about this.

-scott