xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:50:35 GMT

> I think that we may need to think about this since XPath is also
> a requirement for Schema support.

What's the latest on this?  Is it the full XPath, or a subset?

-scott

                    "Jeffrey

                    Rodriguez"             To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <jeffreyr_97@ho        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    tmail.com>             Subject:     Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan,
and requirements

                    07/12/2000

                    01:38 PM

                    Please respond

                    to general

Hi Stefano,

>From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>
>To: general@xml.apache.org
>Subject: Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
>Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:00:16 +0200
>
>Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see XPath and XInclude support built in to Xerces as
> > modules.
>
>+1 for XInclude and XBase (they do together), as well as a way to
>extract XLink information from the file, if found.

A big +1 for XInclude and XBase, I agree 100 % with Stefano on this.

>-1 for XPath, it should belong to Xalan2
>
>--
>Stefano Mazzocchi      One must still have chaos in oneself to be
>                           able to give birth to a dancing star.
><stefano@apache.org>                             Friedrich Nietzsche

I think that we may need to think about this since XPath is also
a requirement for Schema support.

I would said a +1, if anything else but Schema.

Thanks,
             Jeffrey Rodriguez
             IBM Silicon Valley