xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject RE: Namespaces after XSLT processing
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:54:48 GMT

> I would like to use the interface
> ContentHandler which have namespace support to do this.

Yep, you want Xalan 2.0.0.

> Any idea when there will be an beta release or so?

The code is checked into the Xalan CVS -- look in the Java directory.  I
would call it pre-alpha right now.  I would expect beta status to occur in
about a month.  We're trying to focus away from Xalan 1.0.0 and move to
Xalan 2.0.0 sooner rather than later.  You should check it out now to see
if it will fulfill your needs and if you want to make design suggestions,
or even contribute to the code base.  So far, we've had a notable lack of
input regarding Xalan 2.0.0.  Open Source means participation is needed,
otherwise it's just a project with the source published.

-scott

                    Tobias Wahlström

                    <tobias.wahlstrom@price        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    runner.se>                     cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                                   Subject:     RE: Namespaces after XSLT
processing
                    07/06/2000 10:37 AM

                    Please respond to

                    general

Hello!

>Tobias asks:
>>Does anyone know the status of namespace support for Xalan?
>
>That's quite a broad question. The latest version of Xalan has
>been subjected to over 100 tests that involve namespaces in
>some way, and has a couple minor bugs reported in the release
>notes. That's not to say there aren't other bugs yet to be
>found, or bugs seen by stylesheet developers that would be
>fixed in the parser rather than Xalan.

Ok I will be more precise. I have used XSLTProcessor as a DocumentHandler
process an XML document produced by a home-made parser. The DocumentHandler
interface do not support namespaces. The output from the XSLTProcessor is
handled by another DocumentHandler. I would like to use the interface
ContentHandler which have namespace support to do this.

>Were you asking about recognizing namespaces on the input
>side or inserting namespace declarations in the output?
>If you think you have a bug to report, send details to the
>xalan-dev list, or xerces-dev if it's a parsing problem.

I miss the namespace support in the layer after the XSLT processor.
I have not found a bug.

>>SAX 2.0 support?
>
>This is planned for Xalan 2.0, which is progressing.
>.................David Marston

Any idea when there will be an beta release or so?

Regards,
Tobias