xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Xalan: Support for axis
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:48:03 GMT

There is no problem with posting a question like this on the developer
list.  It's also a "general" list, since we only have the one.  I suggested
it simply because you're likely to get a quicker response from the Xalan
list.  We answer questions like this regularly on the developer list.

You might also try the Mulberry XSLT list for general XSLT questions:

                    Hoekstra             To:     general@xml.apache.org
                    <dutchman@usw        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    est.net>             Subject:     Re: Xalan: Support for axis
                    12:35 PM
                    respond to

David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com wrote:
> Yes, it certainly does, but only if you use the correct syntax.  Try the
> following:
> <xsl:value-of select="from-ancestors-or-self::MsgID"/>
> You should post Xalan questions directly to the Xalan list.

Xalan list for general discussion where my question would be more
appropriate.  It only lists a Xalan discussion list for developers of
Xalan (excerpt: list where participating developers of the Xalan XSLT
stylesheet processor meet and discuss issues, code changes/additions)
and I did not feel that this question was appropriate for that list.  In
addition, the archives are down until sometime later today.

Perry Hoekstra
Talent Software Solutions