xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: XRI requirements
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:03:26 GMT
Thanks, Eric & Duncan.

Ted Leung volunteered to work on this with me, and he's a committer.
But he's going on vacation, so giving me rights probably makes sense, at
least for the time being.

I'm collating together a (hopefully) better list, with quotes and hrefs back
to the mail archive.

Here's an excerpt, for review of structure.  We should have something real
checked in tomorrow.

----
Schema
Proposed requirements are organized into categories.  Some requirements may
occur in more than one category in the future.

Each requirement has a number. The numbers are not in any useful order, but
will remain stable for reference.  Underneath the number is a "hardness" and
"status".

  Possible "hardness" values are:
  hard - Xerces 2 must and shall meet this requirement
  soft - Xerces 2 should meet this requirement, but it may be dropped
because of conflicting requirements or time pressures

  Possible "status" values are:
  approved - there appears to be a clear consensus
  tooQuiet - there may be a consensus, but there hasn't been enough input to
be sure
  hardnessConflict - there is conflict over whether this is a hard or soft
requirement
  vetoConflict - there is a conflict over whether this proposed requirement
is a requirement at all
  rejected - the proposed requirement appears to be dead
  unevaluated - editor hasn't finished reviewing input

----

An example entry:

      1.
        hard
        rejected
     The parser shall be faster than the speed of light.

        "Parser output must occur before parser input..."  [spinnaker]
Announce James Duncan Davidson (Sat Jul 08 2000 - 07:31:16 MEST)

        a..
        "Transluminal parsing speeds could cause a rip in the space-time
continuum..."  Re: [spinnaker] Announce Stefano Mazzocchi (Sun Jul 09 2000 -
17:36:18 MEST)

-Ed