xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject Searching mail archives
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:12:19 GMT
Is there a full-text search index for the mail archives that I don't know
about?

If not... I _really_ could use one.  There's a huge amount of information
buried in them, practically inaccessible.  I've actually started doing full
downloads of some of the archives in order to be able to search them
locally.  This isn't a good practice!

Would this be useful to other people?

Does anyone know of an appropriate (preferably open-source Java) search
engine to use?  The closest thing I found was JObjects QuestAgent
(http://www.jobjects.com/products/questagent/index.html); I was thinking of
asking them if they would give a license to Apache (disclaiming any ability
to speak for Apache, of course).

Who should I be talking to about this?

-Ed Staub