xml-general mailing list archives

From Mikael Helbo Kjær <...@dia.dk>
Subject RE: XML Database
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:54:24 GMT

Mikael Helbo Kjær
Software Developer @ DIA a/s

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Wirth [mailto:francoisw@is.co.za]
Sent: 07 July 2000 07:44
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: XML Database

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone considered developing an XML driven database
like Tamino. I would be nice to work on an open source database that uses
Xerces, Xalan etc. for the XML processing. I know this is a huge project,
but I think there could be a lot of uses for this database and it would be a
challenging project. It could just be based on XML technology XQL, Soap, XML
Shemas etc.

What do you think?
What is the possibility of this happening?

Thanks