xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:38:44 GMT
on 7/12/00 11:01 AM, Octav Chipara at ochipara@cse.unl.edu wrote:

> When W3C made the recomandation for DOM I do not
> belive that they had in mind that DOM would be used for embedded systems.

It's quite clear from it's name, imho "Document Object Model" :) Given that,
and its use in editors and browsers, it does what it does and you probably
would have a hard time coming up with something *too* much better given the
problem domain (except for that little bit about learning from the past
lessons. :)

> system. :-(. That's why I was trying to propose to move away from DOM and
> make something innovative...

That's what JDOM is, no? That was why I put the time into reviewing it with
Jas and Brett. :)

.duncan