xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: parser-next-gen goals, plan, and requirements
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:15:55 GMT
on 7/11/00 4:35 PM, Arnaud Le Hors at lehors@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I don't understand what you're disagreeing with. All of my statements
> are true:
>
> 1) DOM is only made of interfaces and can only be used if we provide
> classes for it
> 2) JDOM is a set of classes with a builder that works on top of SAX (and
> DOM btw)
> 3) given that we'll support SAX, JDOM can exist

Logical progression. What I thought you were saying with that statement up
there, and I wasn't alone since Brett read it the same way, was that you
didn't understand why we should do any JDOM work in XRI/NG/Whatever.

If we're agreed that something like a SAX++ is the core and everything else
sits on top, then theres nothing to disagree about. :) What a change. :)

.duncan