xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:05:54 GMT
on 7/10/00 8:13 PM, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus at Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Why don't we forget "spinnaker" or whatever, and do the
> "clean room" discussion (as my friend Stefano puts it) about what you and
> other's would like to see in a parser that contains *constructive* design
> suggestions.

And the initial mail that kicked this off *did* have a set of *constructive*
goals. Valid goals. Goals that are worthwhile that I'd like to see in a
parser. On a re-read of this I think that it's very unfair that you paint me
coming across as a total can-kicker-over without making any concessions that
most of the message *was* a listing of goals and a proposed way of getting
there.

I find it interesting that a third party, the xmlhack guy, didn't take this
as an attack on IBM or on Xerces. He reported simply and factually that I
didn't find the current parser fit the needs that I percieve exist for a
parser.

.duncan