xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:43:44 GMT
on 7/10/00 12:14 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> 2) we create a new CVS branch under xml-xerces where Xerces2 should
> reside

It's been pointed out to me that creating this under xml-contrib instead of
xml-xerces was a major boo-boo because it feels like it's very much seperate
from xml-xerces the project.

My motivation for creating out further was to further "marginalize" it.
xml-contrib is a very grey area where there is no official status. However,
it's clear that this has only helped the perception that it's further away
from xerces.

Stefano's comment makes sense.

I'm happy to propose to move this into xml-xerces/proposals/spinnaker -- or
heck xml-xerces/proposals/xerces2 if everyone is comfortable with the number
on the end.

.duncan