xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:34:54 GMT
on 7/10/00 2:05 PM, Joe Polastre at polastre@jtcsv.com wrote:

> I'd also like to see this be coordinated with the xerces-c developers since
> the source base for xerces-c is based on the original xerces-j.  it would be
> nice to keep the two parsers in sync so that changes to one parser and
> relatively easy to implement in the other.  plus, i haven't seen anyone
> comment on the implications towards the c++ parser by starting a new branch
> that could possibly become the new xerces-j.  [us C++ developers are real
> people too!]

I disagree. I don't think that keeping sync across C++ and Java is
reasonable given that two very different coding strategies really should be
used to make each appropriate for it's environment.

I think that the feature sets and goals should be similar -- SAX, DOM... But
the implementation should be different.

.duncan