xml-general mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [spinnaker] Announce
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:32:01 GMT
on 7/10/00 7:55 AM, Arnaud Le Hors at lehors@us.ibm.com wrote:

> The problem is about making decision on your own. Not communicating. Not
> consulting others in the project.

If I'd written a whole bunch of code, then I'd be guilty of not
communicating. I started with an announce.. Code will come as a result of
discussion.

> On the other hand pissing off those that are most comitted to the project is
> certainly not the best way to get them to help in the new project. Just a
> fact.

Actually, I *had* said something to Mike Pogue a month or so back about
looking at a next gen parser (an idea that's been bouncing around in my head
for a while from Ted and I talking). He basically said that it wasn't
something that I should consider. When the XML PMC person with the most
stake in Xerces says they aren't interested (and the guy who's the boss of
most of the core Xerces contributors), it's hard to see how the rest of the
core team would be of a much different opinion.

It did slow me down. It wasn't till the long 4th weekend that I decided to
go foward anyway.

.duncan