xml-general mailing list archives

From Anthony Dodd <AnthonyD...@synergy-fs.com>
Subject RE: XML Database
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:50:05 GMT
Hi

  Sounds like a great idea, I believe Microsoft with there ".net" program at
the moment will be pushing an XML driven version of SQL 2000 (or later) into
the market place.

  At synergy developed our own XML/SOAP wrapper on jdbc/odbc to access data
maintained in a relational database, and return the results as an XML
document. It currently undergoing a rework to improve performance, and
provide seamless integration with data driven controls.

  It would be nice to remove the relational database, but could XPath or XQL
(which seems to have lost favor lately) be changed to meet these new and
exacting requirements or would a new standard be required.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Wirth [mailto:francoisw@is.co.za]
Sent: 07 July 2000 07:44
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: XML Database

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone considered developing an XML driven database
like Tamino. I would be nice to work on an open source database that uses
Xerces, Xalan etc. for the XML processing. I know this is a huge project,
but I think there could be a lot of uses for this database and it would be a
challenging project. It could just be based on XML technology XQL, Soap, XML
Shemas etc.

What do you think?
What is the possibility of this happening?

Thanks