xml-general mailing list archives

From Henning von Bargen <H.vonBar...@Triestram-Partner.de>
Subject AW: XML Database
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:35:56 GMT
Yep!
Open source XML databases are very important for many of us, I think.
Under the Apache license would be the best.
The success of apache show that it should be possible for the community
to develop a product that can compare with commercial XML databases like
Tamino
iff
there is a code base to start from.
Starting from scratch and redesign everything to make it better should be
done
after enough users have worked with the initial version to decide what can
and should be improved
(compare Cocoon 1 and 2).

So if "Prowler" and "Ozone" change to Apache license, this could be the
beginning of something great :-)

Henning

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Stefano Mazzocchi [SMTP:stefano@apache.org]
> Gesendet am:	Freitag, 7. Juli 2000 14:12
> An:	general@xml.apache.org
> Cc:	Falko Braeutigam
> Betreff:	Re: XML Database
>
> Francois Wirth wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just want to know if anyone considered developing an XML driven database
> > like Tamino. I would be nice to work on an open source database that
uses
> > Xerces, Xalan etc. for the XML processing. I know this is a huge
project,
> > but I think there could be a lot of uses for this database and it would
be a
> > challenging project. It could just be based on XML technology XQL, Soap,
XML